Thursday, October 9, 2014

West Wind: my first Quilt Pattern!

 I am pretty excited at the moment: I just released my very first quilt pattern.
Here it is, the West Wind Quilt.
I opened an Etsy shop where you can find the pdf pattern, and I started a second blog, Pink Flamingo Quilts, where I'll show more of my own designs soon.
There was and still is a lot going on behind the scenes in my studio!
 The quilt is a perfect project for using up scraps of low volume background fabrics and a lot of colorful prints for the pinwheels.
The instructions are for a 70" x 82" quilt, but it is easy to change this pattern to make another size.
 I hand quilted with perle cotton in a lot of different colors.
The pinwheels and the quilted circles both add a lot of movement to this quilt design.
 There is an english as well as a german version of the pattern
Please stay tuned for more new patterns next week!
If you would like, please hop over to the Pink Flamingo Quilts blog, where I only blog about my own designs. Thanks for visiting! :-)

Heute gibt es etwas Besonderes zu berichten: ich habe meine allererste Quilt-Anleitung veröffentlicht!
Hier ist er nun, der West Wind Quilt!
Ich habe einen Etsy Shop eröffnet, wo es die PDF Datei mit der Anleitung zum Download gibt.
Außerdem habe ich einen zweiten Blog gestartet, Pink Flamingo Quilts, wo ich nur über meine eigenen Entwürfe und Muster schreibe und bald noch mehr zeigen werde. 
Dort schreibe ich auf englisch und deutsch, und auch die Anleitungen gibt es in beiden Sprachen.

West Wind ist ein perfektes Projekt, um seine Reste an hellen Hintergrundstoffen zu verarbeiten, sowie eine Menge bunte, fröhliche Drucke für die Windräder.
Die Anleitung ist für den gezeigten Quilt in 70" x 82" oder 175 x 205 cm, aber das Muster kann man auch sehr gut in anderen Größen nähen.
Gequiltet habe ich von Hand mit Perlgarn. Sowohl die Windräder als auch die gequilteten Kreise sorgen für viel Bewegung.
Bald wird es noch mehr neue Muster geben, also schaut bald wieder vorbei. Und wenn Ihr mögt, dann besucht auch meinen anderen Blog, Pink Flamingo Quilts, wo ich etwas übersichtlicher nur über meine eigenen Designs schreibe.
Im Moment ist dort noch nicht viel zu sehen, aber das wird sich bald ändern!
Danke für Euren Besuch! :-)

Linking up with Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story
and Needle and Thread Thursday at my Quilt Infatuation.

4 comments:

LynCC said...

Congratulations on your start in pattern launching. :D I really like this quilt - super cool cotton perle quilting on it!

Jasmine said...

What an exciting new adventure. I'm happy for you, and I love this design.

Chris said...

Congratulations, may there be many more!

Allison Babcock said...

Beautiful quilt! And congrats on your first pattern--that is quite an accomplishment. Best of luck!