Friday, October 24, 2014

Spinning Stars, second Entry for Blogger's Quilt Festival

As my second entry for the Blogger's Quilt Festival, I would love to enter my "Spinning Stars" quilt.

AmysCreativeSide.com

I suddenly had the idea for this quilt in my head and had to try it out immediately.
It worked out just as I imagined, and by pure coincidence the quilt ended up to be just the right size for our bed.
For the background I used a lot of different text prints (that I really love).
I think it looks so good together with the ikea alphabet bedlinen.
I hand quilted the quilt with perle #8 thread in spirals, beginning in the middle of the stars.
It adds to the movement of the stars.

The quilt measures 72" x 103"
Designed, machine pieced and hand quilted by me.
I would like to enter it in the Original Design category.
You can find the pattern here in my Etsy shop, if you like.
For the time of the festival, I reduced the price. ;-)
Thank you for visiting my blog, I hope you like it here. :-)

4 comments:

Alejandra Balanzario said...

Great quilt, you did a great job here, love the design and the border, it's a really big quilt, congratulations!

Manuela said...

Hallo Steffi,

beide Quilts sehen wunderschön aus.
Ich drücke dir die Daumen.

Liebe Grüße
Manuela

Rachaeldaisy said...

This is such a great quilt! I love the way the stars really have spinning motion to them and that you've emphasized that with your quilting. It looks perfect on your bed!

Janet said...

Both your entry quilts are fabulous and I love the hand quilting! The star quilt suits the bedroom perfectly.