Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Color Wheel I

 For quite some time now I had the plan to make a series of small quilts based on the different versions of the color wheel.
Saturday, I suddenly had some "free" time. I cleaned the house on Friday, grocery shopping was done, too, and so I started this first little quilt.
I drew it up, made cardboard templates, spent some time with my fabrics, and finally sewed the pieces together by hand.
 The piecing went faster than I thought.
For the background, I chose this light silver Sketch. First I pinned my color wheel onto it, then I basted it, because I thought it would be nicer than dealing with the pins while appliquèing it down. And it was. No pins that would accidentally catch my thread or prick my fingers.
 More about this soon! It is fun to work on something small that you can finish in a few days.
Here you can see my templates.

4 comments:

Valerie Reynolds said...

I haven't been brave enough to try curves....yours is beautiful!!

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi! Oh, this is most beautiful! Joyful and fun! x Teje

Maartje Quilt said...

I love rainbow colors and the colorwheel. I love this too. Wel done with those curves!!!!

Bonnie said...

Great design and wonderful colors. I too like little project that can be done quickly... but I don't do too many cause I have too many bigger projects as UFOs.