Friday, October 24, 2014

Amsterdam, first Entry for Blogger's Quilt Festival

It's time for Amy`s Blogger`s Quilt Festival again.


AmysCreativeSide.com

For my first entry I chose my "Amsterdam" quilt.
The tulip pattern reminds me of Holland and our trip to Amsterdam last year, hence the name.
I designed this quilt myself. 
I had the beautiful antique pink and green quilts in mind, but wanted something bright and updated. So I used fresh, modern fabrics to achieve the look I had in mind.
 For the outer border, I used this fabric that was absolutely perfect for the quilt.
I hand quilted with perle #8 and adapted the shape of this flower for the quilt design in the setting triangles:
The quilt measures 80" square.
Designed, machine pieced and hand quilted by me.
I would love tho enter it in the Hand Quilting category.
If you would like to make your own version, you can find the pattern here in my Etsy shop. For the time of the festival I reduced the price! ;-)
Thank you for visiting my blog. :-)
And thank you, Amy, for doing the Festival again!

11 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

What a bright and pretty quilt this is! A gorgeous pattern and lovely stitching :)

Jane said...

How pretty! Your colors are great and I really like the design you quilted in the setting triangles.

Lonci said...

I love the color combination that you used, wonderful:)))

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a beautiful way to remmber a trip to Amsterdam. The quilt is beautiful! Such gorgeous colours.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

beautiful quilt!!!

Shannon said...

This is SO pretty! I love those colors and the whole thing is so well done. Thank you for sharing!

Gretchen said...

Such a bright happy quilt! Your hand quilting stitches are beautiful!

Kaja said...

A very pretty, bright quilt. I love your colour combination and the lovely hand quilting.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Such a bright, cheerful quilt. Your quilting is impeccable.

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

What a lovely quilt. I t makes me think of Amsterdam too. Your hand quilting is beautiful. Good luck.

Gayle Bong said...

Clearly this is my favorite bright quilt.