Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Two WIPs

My first WIP this week is a commission quilt for a Facebook friend. 
She asked if I could make her a Rainbow Star quilt similar to this one that I made last year:
but with a dark background.
She chose the Scribble Notes in black from the Architextures collection. I think it's really great that they reprinted some of the fabrics!

144 different squares in a rainbow of happy colors.

And I am still quilting the Pickle Dish.
By the time I had almost finished quilting the rings, this was left from the first ball of thread. Good thing that I bought two! 
 Now I am quilting the borders. 
Yesterday I made a little tutorial about how I make my own quilting templates.
Maybe you'll want to have a look. ;-)

9 comments:

charlotte said...

Love your pickle dish. It looks amazing.

Manuela said...

Hallo Steffi,

bin schon sehr gespannt wie der Stern mit dunklem Hintergund aussieht. Der wird bestimmt super leuchten.
Dein Quilting gefällt mir richtig gut.

Liebe Grüße
Manuela

GittaS said...

Fantastisches Quilting.Auf deinen Stern mit dunklen Hintergrund bin ich auch gespannt.
LG
Gitta

~Diana said...

Beautiful! Looking forward to seeing the progress :)

Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge said...

That stack of rainbow squares makes me oh so happy. And that pickle dish! I've always wanted to make one, but haven't found the courage yet. Yours looks so good!

Laney said...

Your pickle dish is beautiful! Going now to see how you make your templates.

JanineMarie said...

I really like your pickle dish quilt. The colors are fabulous, and the variegated perle cotton pulls everything together. I haven't tried quilting with perle cotton, but this inspires me.

Heather Graves said...

I'll be excited to see how the rainbow quilt comes out with the dark backing!

Rachaeldaisy said...

That stack of rainbow fabrics is so pretty. It must be fun getting to make your rainbow star again. Your pickle dish is so beautiful!! The quilting looks fabulous!!