Wednesday, September 24, 2014

the Dark Rainbow Star is a finished Top now

 Excuse the pictures. I had to hang the top over the balcony railing and the light is shining through it from behind. 
I left out all very dark colors, because I don't wanted to lose the star tips against the dark background. 
Now I am waiting for the batting to arrive so that I can start quilting.
 The Pickle Dish is no longer a WIP! It's finished and already soo soft and cuddly because of the beautiful, soft Kaffe Fassett fabrics.
The striped binding came from my stash and I thought it was perfect for this quilt.
Pictures of the whole quilt and the pieced backing will follow as soon as weather and time allow for a little outdoor shooting. Hopefully on the weekend!

11 comments:

Collette said...

Love your rainbow quilt and the pickle dish looks gorgeous too! Following your blog now - did you hand quilt it? X

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Both of these projects look amazing! You were quick to finish the Dark Rainbow Star top - did you have to source and cut each square from your stash?
Your Pickle Dish is so beautiful, wonderful work.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Congratulations on finishing your pick dish!! You'll have fun taking photos when the weather is right. Your rainbow star top looks wonderful , it seemed to have come together really quickly.

Manuela said...

Der Regenbogenstern sieht wunderschön aus. Die Farben leuchten richtig.
Bin schon sehr auf die Fotos vom fertigen Quilt gespannt. Das Binding passt super dazu.

Liebe Grüße
Manuela

Ruth said...

Looking forward to seeing more of the pickle quilt - really like your rainbow star. Looks great!

Joanne said...

Can't wait to see more of your Pickle dish quilt, but that rainbow star quilt top is stunning!!!

Wendy said...

what a striking quilt! I love rainbow quilts and so I'm really taken with this.

Kate Yates said...

I really like your star quilt top, the rainbow looks great on the dark background! I'd also love to see more of your pickle dish quilt.

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

GASP! your rainbow star is stunning! I just love rainbow quilts, and the photo with the light coming through is amazing!

Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Carol said...

Very nice star quilt! I love the dark gray background and you did a great job distributing all those rainbow colors.

Kaja said...

I love the star against the dark background - it really makes the colours shine. It will be lovely quilted.