Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Quilting the Pickle Dish

 September - cooler weather, the sun sets earlier, and it is nice again to sit under a warm quilt while working on it. So I started quilting the Pickle Dish.
 I am using this fuchsia and purple variegated perle cotton #12 from Valdani. 
It's the first time I use Valdani, and it is very nice to work with.
 Three rows of quilt stitches in the rings.
I'm not sure what to quilt into the background spaces yet, but I'm sure I'll find a pattern soon.
I do all the rings first, to get the safety pins out of the quilt and to stabilize it.
************

13 comments:

Patchwork and Play said...

Oh Steffi, this is just delightful! What a beautiful thread you have chosen! I was only looking at mine again the other day- I did a petal shape in the centre of mine- four petals actually meeting at their points! Good luck with the next stage....

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

This is looking amazing. I've recently seen another quilter using Valdani, I love the look of their variegated threads, very beautiful.

Maryse said...

What a gorgeous quilt!

Kathy S. said...

Love, love, love your pickle dish fabrics!!!

Maartje Quilt said...

I love this colors and fabrics. Gorgeous quilt!!!!!

the momma said...

The hours you spend under this while quilting must be fabulous indeed!
Lovely!!
(what needle have you found works best withe the perle cotton?)

happy stitching ~ Tracy

andrea @ tideline quilts said...

It is wonderful! I really admire your hand quilting...cannot imagine the hours and hours it is taking!

Andrea @ Mouse in My Pocket said...

This is so fun! I love the colors of this quilt, and I'm sure that whatever design you choose for the center sections will look amazing.

Manuela said...

Hallo Steffi,

deine Quiltstiche sehen sehr ordentlich und gleichmäßig aus.
Das wird ein sehr schöner Quilt.

Liebe Grüße
Manuela

Lara B. said...

Steffi, that is so very beautiful! Love the quilting thread you chose and of course the quilting.

Kaja said...

I'm using Valdani (no 8) for the first time at the moment - their colours are great. Your quilt is beautiful already and it is going to look even better with this lovely quilting.

Penny from S.C. said...

That is a beautiful quilt! Your stitches are wonderful and I love the color you are using. Thanks for sharing!

LuAnn said...

Beautiful. I really love those fabrics.