Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Sew Together Bag

 I wanted to make a Sew Together Bag from Sew Demented for a few weeks now.
Yesterday I received a whole rainbow of zippers that I ordered online.
But which fabrics should I use? 
Finally I chose to use the bundle of original Flea Market Fancy that I had in my stash for years.
I like this 70s color scheme at the moment, and so the bag would match my cute 70s sewing basket.
 Here are the fabrics that I chose for the inside of the bag.
And this is what I did until now. 
So far it was fun. Zippers are not exactly my favorite, but they went quite smoothly.
The Sew Together Bag Sew Along at the Quilt Barn has a lot of pictures and was very helpful.


8 comments:

Lara B. said...

Steffi, all those gorgeous colored zippers look great with your fabrics! this is a very intriguing bag!

Patchwork and Play said...

Gorgeous! And very autumnal!

Kirsten said...

Just beautiful! Really love the fabrics you have used too.

A Quilter's Mission said...

Love your fabric choices.

Julie said...

This is looking great - so bright and cheerful. You shouldn't lose it in your sewing room either.

Christine Feldstein said...

It looks fantastic! I myself have faced such bad experiences with zippers that I have abandoned the idea of trying again!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Great colors and the pattern is a real eye catcher...thanks for sharing.
Smiles,
Kelly

Teacosy said...

Oh yes this will be on Top of my things to do List.
Gruß Sylvia