Friday, August 8, 2014

Mini Rainbow Star Quilt is finished

 The Mini Rainbow Star is a finished little quilt!
Here you can see that it is a little less than 9" square.
It is made out of 144 squares that are 1/2" finished 
(1" unfinished).
For the background I chose Sketch in black, and the binding is a small zig zag in white and grey.
 I only quilted in the background.
Everything else was too stiff from all the seam allowances to pull a needle through.
 There was a little Show and Tell in the dolls house today. :-)

Go away with that mug! I don't want coffee on my new quilt! ;-)

20 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

So cute and goes perfectly with the doll house.

Manuela said...

Wunderschön, dein Miniquilt.
Passt super ins Puppenhaus.

LG Manuela

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

Super :-)

thequiltingbird said...

Wow, those girls really can quilt! Is that their home or are they running a quilt shop?

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

This is crazy brilliant!!

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi! This quilt became a Real beauty! Wow, it's really small! I love that quilter's doll-house room! x Teje

Grit said...

Oh wie wunderbar...und so, so Mini.
LG Grit

Emmajane said...

This is adorable! I cannot imagine working at such a scale but I am impressed! I love the photos with the dolls! Made me chuckle!

kayleighinstitches said...

Hahahaha, the dolls threw me off for a second, totally thought they were real! That star came out great!

Allison said...

hehe, I love the doll's show & tell session! :)

Kat said...

LOL! I love your doll house sewing room!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

LOL! That's brilliant - never too old to play with dolls huh?

Janet said...

Cute! And a good excuse to play with your dolls. :)

Christine Feldstein said...

What a cute little quilt! Love it with the dolls!

Kate Yates said...

I love the tiny pieces, so cute! I don't think I'd have the patience to make a quilt like that.

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

What a cute star! Nice work.

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Wow! Micro sewing! The show and tell is perfect!

Valerie Reynolds said...

WOW! I can not sew things that tiny...amazingly wonderful! Love your doll house too...brings nice memories back.

Pieces of Time said...

You have a small, precious treasure!!!
Jane in KS

Sweet bamboo said...

Cute!