Wednesday, June 4, 2014

WIP Wednesday

The Pickle Dish for my Mum is growing faster than I thought.
 I already cutted all the pieces I need for the top, and I sewed a lot of the arcs. It is fun and fast.
 My parents start their summer vacation next week and I think it's a good idea to sew the top during that time. So they cannot surprise me with a visit and accidentally see the pieces on the design wall.
 Love, love, love Kaffe's colors!
Only these few pieces are left to sew together.
My other current WIP are my shirt squares. They are growing nicely, too. Almost all are sewn together into fourpatches at the moment.
Do you want to see what arrived at my doorstep today? :-)
 Squee! I'm so very excited!
My brand new Juki! I saved my money for it, bought a lot less fabrics during the last months, and now it's here! I just sewed a few test seams, and so far I like it a lot! More of it soon! :-)

********

6 comments:

Andrea @ Mouse in My Pocket said...

Your pickle dish pieces look great so far. Is it traditional or paper-pieced? And I love your shirt squares. It would be really fun to raid old clothes for a project like that. Plus a new Juki!? That's awesome! Congrats on saving up and getting a new machine. I'm too addicted to purchasing fabric to save that kind of $ up for a machine.

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

Yeah for a new machine! I'm battling some fmq on mine and I might need to save for a new one. The pickle dish is going to be amazing!

SIMPLESEW said...

So happy for you, I know what it means to love a new machine.. Visiting from WIP Wednesday, Hope you stop by and enter my giveaway.

Patchwork and Play said...

Welcome to the Juki club! I hope you love it like I love mine! And your pickle dishes are beautiful- are you paper piecing them?

Sel said...

Here from Freshly Pieced's linky - the pickle dish blocks caught my eye because my MQG (Sydney) recently put together a pickle dish group quilt for a show in Sydney. But yours are going to be some lovely pickle dish blocks, and I hope your mum likes it! (Plus: Juki! Don't have one, but lots of people I know are singing its praises.)

Vie Ananta said...

Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed
reading it, you are a great author.I will make sure to
bookmark your blog and will come back later in life.
I want to encourage that you continue your great work,
have a nice evening! obat penghilang tato