Sunday, June 22, 2014

two Sewing Machine Covers

 Yesterday morning I played around with some HSTs, and by the end of the day I had these:
 Two new sewing machine covers, one for my new Juki and one for my older machine.
 The pattern is the same, but the quilting is different.
It was the very first time that I could actually quilt straight lines with a walking foot without getting puckers! I love my new Juki!
 The covers have ribbons at the edges for tying and are easy to throw over the machine.
 To go with a sewing related theme I chose the black text print from the Mama Said Sew collection, plus a fussy cutted strip of the yellow tape measure fabric (a heavier weight).
I think it would be fun to make more accessories for the sewing room with these fabrics.

 It also was the first time that I attached a binding by machine successfully and with a nice result.
 I really like rainbow-y colors together with black at the moment. 
Maybe a few matching fabric baskets next? :-)

3 comments:

Fran said...

They are both so cute! Do you mind me asking which Juki you have now? I was able to play on one for the first time this weekend, and am now so tempted... It was a huge improvement on my machine!

imquilternity said...

They are wonderful... I love them!!

Emma Smith said...

Love your work, Steffi. Your sewing skill is fabulous. :-)
Cheers, Emma, in cool-ish Sydney