Wednesday, June 18, 2014

the WIPs are growing

 Progress on all three WIPs this week! I made two new flowers for my hexie quilt, and started a third one.
 I also cutted out the hexies for all the remaining stars and flowers. So this is the last time my little pouch is full of pieces for this quilt. (I will only need a few edge pieces later, but I don't want to decide it now.)

 The center of the Pickle Dish is done! It only needs borders!
It went together surprisingly fast and with less problems than I thought. This quilt really took my fear for machine pieced curves away.
 And my 16-patches out of the recycled shirts are on the design wall now. The first two rows are already together. Soon this will be a finished top!
It looks much prettier in person, but the light was bad, I promise. ;-)
I want to try some straight line machine quilting with my Juki on this one. Something I was never able to do with my old machine because the foot pressure was too high and could not be changed.
So wish me luck!
I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced,
Thank you for visiting! :-)

8 comments:

Ann said...

Wow. I love hexies and the pickle dish pattern but I just don't think i have the patience to work on one quilt for a year (that is how long it would take me!) Great job!

Maryse said...

Beautiful Pickle Dish! Love all the Kaffe's fabrics...
This one is absolutely on my to do list.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Stunning Pickle Dish ! :)

Marie said...

Wow, you have been busy. Love them all.

LuAnn said...

I really love those hexagons!!!

Christine Feldstein said...

Your Pickle Dish top is absolutely fantastic. I think I recognize Kaffee Fasset fabrics. The tunes are so soft and well coordinated! I love your shirting blocks as well. What is funny is that I am working on a flower garden quilt, exactely like yours, with a plain center and 1930 prints around!

Manuela said...

Hallo Steffi,

dein Pickle Dish wird wunderschön.
Auch deine beiden anderen Arbeiten gefallen mir sehr gut, besonders dein Hexagon Quilt.

Liebe Grüße
Manuela

sewfrench.com said...

A Pickle Dish is on my its. This is a beautiful one!