Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pickle Dish - a new Project

A few years ago I bought the background fabric for Kaffe Fassett's Pickle Dish quilt - the cover quilt from "Quilt Romance".
Since then I wanted to make this quilt.
I know that my mother likes it, too. Next year in March my mom will celebrate her 70th birthday.
Now I decided to make the Pickle Dish for her.
I made her a quilt for her 60th birthday, but it is a bit too small for her bed and I thought she could use a second one.

But although I can do foundation paper piecing, I know that I would not enjoy to paper piece 72 arcs.
I also need a new Leader-Ender-project.
So I figured that I could do the arcs with ten instead of nine pieces when I use the 9 Degree Wedge Ruler.

Today I made a test block and it worked out fine.
Here it is with the template from the book on top. I can cut it to size and then continue sewing the blocks together.
Piecing the arcs is perfect as a Leader-Ender-project, I think. And it also guarantees that I will constantly work on it and hopefully finish the quilt in time.

I have a question for you: can you see my blog followers on the right?
When I am at my netbook, I can see them, and when I am at the computer, I cannot. I have no idea why. ?

2 comments:

Patchwork and Play said...

I made a Pickledish quilt last year and it is one of my favourites- your Mum will love it! Yes, I can see your followers on my laptop!

Pauline G said...

What a good idea - might try this!
yes I can see your followers on my I pad