Thursday, May 15, 2014

Fabrics for free!

On Monday I got a call from my MIL. She asked if I still would be interested in old clothes and fabrics for my quilting. If not, she would throw it all out.
Of course I wanted them and drove over to their house as soon as I could.
Her attic was the storeroom for her theatre group during the last years and she collected so many cool costumes and clothes there!
Now the group gets a bigger place to meet, rehearse and store their stuff, so they bring all the costumes they still need over there. Some were sorted out, and there also were some sheets, childrens clothes and more!
I chose everything that was cotton and with useful patterns/colors.
Look at my haul! :-)

This is a vintage sheet.
And this is a beautiful summer dress. Isn't the fabric pretty?
Two girls' skirts.
Another vintage sheet.
This is an apron dress that looks brand new. I think the print looks like something from a modern quilting fabric collection.
There are several yards of this classic blue and white check. A nice future quilt backing, if I can wash the yellowish stains out of it.
And this is a curtain. Love it! 
There is still more in the attic and I hope I'll get a bit more of it. Hee hee! :-)


4 comments:

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

Great haul! Love the prints on those girls skirts!

Marie said...

Aren't you the lucky one - these are great!

Jessie Fincham @ Messy Jesse said...

oh just lovely!! Have fun creating with them :)

Francis Paul said...

please don't post blogposts like this again. I'm soooooooooooooooo jealous now :-)

Enjoy all your new fabric!!!