Tuesday, April 15, 2014

a little Swoon Village

Hooray, I found my sewing mojo!
Somehow I've lost it in the last few months, but recently it came back. :-)

Ever since I saw Rachael's version of the famous Swoon block, I wanted to make it, too.
So here is my little Swoon Village:


I think it is a coastal village, because of all the seagulls in the sky. ;-)
I reduced the size of the block to 20" so that the little quilt will fit onto our coffee table.
I plan to hand quilt it with perle cotton. 
For the backing I used an oldie from my stash.
Look at the selvage - it was in my stash for a looong time!


I'm linking up with Show and Tell Tuesday at I have to say...

IMG_6373



17 comments:

Manuela said...

Hallo Steffi,

schön von dir zu hören. Dein kleines Dorf sieht super aus. Eine ganz tolle Idee.

Liebe Grüße
Manuela

Grit said...

Oh wie toll. Das sieht ja Klasse aus.
LG Grit

Lori R. said...

I LOVE, LOVE ,LOVE what you did!!!
Not sure if I want to do a swoon block, but I can sure admire yours.

Micki P said...

very unique block. love the houses. great job.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What a fantastic block.

Karyn said...

Great idea. Such details!

Sue C said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

junacreationsuk.blogspot.co.uk said...

What a gorgeous little quilt and a fab idea to incorporate the houses, it's lovely.

Fran said...

That is just amazing! Love it.

Serena @ Sewgiving said...

I adore this block too! You did a lovely job and I love the seagulls :0)

charlotte said...

How cute!! Wonderful job.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

oh my goodness this is just adorable!

Maryse said...

So lovely!

Paula said...

What a really wonderful way to use a swoon block. I could see a whole village of these, or even a series of seasonal blocks.

Sandy W said...

fantastic!!

Joyce Carter said...

WOW! What a fantastic job you did! I love the way you used this block.

Alison said...

That block is SO adorable!