Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pillow in Progress

 I finished the top for my pillow and already quilted it with a reddish purple thread.

 As I wrote in my last post, the patchwork contains old and new fabrics. Above are the two vintage apron dresses I found in a thrift shop a few years ago. Now I finally used some pieces of them.
And the border came from this vintage sheet. Isn't it beautiful? I fussy cutted the pattern so that I have the flowers in the middle of the border, and I did mitered corners.

Now to decide what to use at the backside! :-)

Linking up with Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story.
and with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


Fresh Poppy Design

6 comments:

QuiltCandy said...

A lovely quilt with such fun colours! I love that shade of purple :-)

Lorna McMahon said...

Very pretty cushion! Your hand quilting adds such a nice touch!

Janine said...

It's gorgeous! Beautiful quilting :)

quiltswithpersonality said...

Beautiful job Steffi.

Manuela said...

Hallo Steffi,

das Kissen wird wunderschön.
Die Blumenborte passt super dazu.

LG Manuela

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Very pretty! Love the hand quilting with those fabrics, and the mitered borders.