Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Scrappy Trips WIP for the last time


 Yesterday I put the last quilting stitches into the Scrappy Trips quilt! :-)
I quilted a simple zig zag into the outer border and a wavy freehand line in the yellow inner border.

 Then I prepared my binding and started to sew it on. Now I only have to finish that and add a label, and then the quilt is ready for my hubby's birthday.I'm so happy that I made it in time and so far managed to keep the secret. I don't think that he suspects anything. :-)
Both the backing and binding fabrics are oldies that are in my stash since the late 1990s. The backing may be a bit childish for a men's quilt, but it was the only blue print I had that was big enough.
Aren't my binding clips cute? They are actually 99-cents-hairclips.
Linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced once more.

 WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Come back Friday - with some luck I have a finished quilt to share then!



Gestern habe ich die letzten Quiltstiche im Scrappy Trips Quilt gemacht! :-)
Und dann habe ich auch gleich das Binding vorbereitet und begonnen, es anzunähen. Das muß ich also nur noch fertig machen und ein Label aufnähen, und dann ist der Quilt tatsächlich rechtzeitig für den Geburtstag meines Mannes fertig. Bisher habe ich es geschafft, das Geheimnis zu bewahren. Ich glaube nicht, daß er etwas ahnt. :-)
Die Stoffe für Backing und Binding hatte ich schon ewig in meinem Vorrat, seit den späten 90ern. 
Das Backing mag etwas kindlich sein für einen Männerquilt, war aber der einzige blaugemusterte Stoff, der groß genug war.
Und sind meine Binding Clips nicht süß? Tatsächlich sind das Haarclips für 99 Cents. :-)

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Oh I love your binding clips!! so colorful :) and of course I love your quilt too and the stitching but I have never seen such pretty binding clips LOL

beth said...

Wow! your quilt just SHINES!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Beautiful quilt. I like the backing fabric.