Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Hand Quilting the Scrappy Trips

 No new hexagon flowers this week, but I managed to quilt a nice portion of the Scrappy Trips for my husband. It is a secret gift for his birthday next month so I can only quilt while he is at work.
 I decided to do nothing too fancy and just follow the zig zag of the pattern. The thread is perle #8 in a sunny yellow and three different blues.
I hope you can see the quilting lines - it was a bit difficult to photograph.
Linking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Neue Hexagon-Blumen gibt's diese Woche nicht, aber dafür bin ich schon ein gutes Stück voran gekommen mit dem Quilten des Scrappy Trip Quilts für meinen Mann. Da das ein Überraschungsgeschenk zu seinem Geburtstag werden soll, kann ich nur daran werkeln, wenn er auf der Arbeit ist.
Das Quiltmuster ist nichts kompliziertes sondern folgt einfach dem Zickzack des Patchworkmusters.
Ich verwende Perlgarn #8 in einem Sonnengelb und 3 verschiedenen Blautönen. Hoffentlich könnt Ihr genug erkennen, es war ein Bißchen schwierig, das richtig zu fotografieren.
Wieder einmal verlinke ich meinen Post mit WIP Wednesday bei Freshly Pieced.

17 comments:

Laura said...

Love some of those blue fabrics! :)

Ludlow Quilt and Sew said...

Lovely quilt. The hand quilting really emphasises the lines of colour.

Schulz Family said...

visiting from WIP wednesday. I could not put a gift quilt on my blog as my husband reads mine and it would no longer be a surprise. This is awesome and I am sure it will be well received

Tanyia said...

Yep, we can see it, it looks great! I am amazed at anyone that has the patience for hand quilting! Wow!

Stopping by from the WIP hop http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2013/08/wednesday-wip-august-14th-edition.html

sarahquilts.com said...

Good thing your husband doesn't read your blog ;) Mine doesn't either!

Tina in Boston said...

I have been looking for a new way to do a scrappy trip and I think this zig zag is it! Great idea! We can see the quilting and it looks really nice. If your hubby is like mine he won't read it unless I specifically send him a link. :)

Tina in Boston said...

Oh and even with a link he doesn't always look at it ;)

Janet said...

It looks lovely and it's going to be nice and soft with that quilting.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice colors for this quilt - well he be surprised to received the quilt? happy birthday to him

knitspinquilt said...

It looks great -- and the quilting is very visible. What a lovely quilt!

Grit said...

Das sieht schon richtig super aus.
Ich denke das reicht auch , mehr quilten braucht dieser Quilt nicht.
LG Grit

Mareenchen said...

Schön, einen Scrappy auch mal anders zu sehen. Tolles hand quilting.

ShirleyC said...

Awesome quilt! I'm sure he will love it!

quiltswithpersonality said...

Gorgeous .........you did an amazing job. I am sure you hubby will love it. Thanks for sharing........Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

GittaS said...

Fantastisch ist dein scrappy geworden.
LG
Gitta

Manuela said...

Hallo Steffi,

super wird der Quilt.
Das Quilting gefällt mir richtig gut.

LG Manuela

Catskill Quilter said...

I love that you are hand quilting his surprise gift! I can see your stitches in the photo, and I really like the way it looks! (Thanks for sharing this so that we can all see it!)