Friday, August 30, 2013

a little Teacup Quilt

 As a gift for my sister I made this little Teacup Mini Quilt during the last days.
The pattern is from Sarah Fielkes new book "Hand quilted with Love", and I added the tablecloth to make it square.
It's 9"x9".

I also found some more men's shirts in Holland. We made a little trip through four thrift stores. The dutch thrift stores are really great, I wish we had similar ones here in Germany.
Can't wait to begin with the shirt quilt, but I have to finish my hubby's birthday quilt first. His birthday is in two weeks and the quilt still needs quilting in two borders, and the binding!

Als kleines Geschenk für meine Schwester, die Namenstag hatte, habe ich diesen Mini-Tassenquilt gemacht. Das Muster stammt aus Sarah Fielkes neuem Buch "Hand quilted with Love", und ich habe die Tischdecke unten ergänzt, um den Block quadratisch zu machen.
Der Miniquilt is 9x9 inches oder ca. 22,5x22,5 cm.

Außerdem habe ich in Holland noch mehr Material für meinen Hemdenquilt gefunden. Wir haben eine kleine Tour durch vier Gebrauchtwarenläden gemacht. Diese Läden sind einfach klasse, ich wünschte sowas gäbe es bei uns auch.
Ich muß mich zusammenreißen, um nicht sofort mit dem Hemdenquilt anzufangen, aber erst muß der Geburtstagsquilt für meinen Schatz fertig werden. Der große Tag ist in 2 Wochen, und ich muß noch 2 Ränder quilten und das Binding machen und annähen.

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I had thought to start collecting up some mens shirts after I saw you post about it but couldn't find any I liked at the store I stopped at. They were rather rough even though it said 100% cotton. I will look another time though. Are they at a low price for you? Here they were close to $4 which I thought kind of high - but that is me - can you get about a yard of fabric from each shirt? then that price wouldn't be too bad I suppose but I thought they would be less.

tubakk said...

What a sweet tea cup quilt. I wish I were your sister....

Joyce Carter said...

A beautiful little tea cup, Steffi. Your sister is a very lucky girl.

Grit said...

Der Mini Tassenquilt sieht ja super aus.
LG Grit

Richard Healey said...

I love the cup.

Richard and Tanya Quilts
Richard and Tanya Patterns

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Your teacup mug rug is so delightful, bright and cheery!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Your teacup is so lovely!! You have found some great shirts, they will stitch up into a great quilt!!