Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Quick Progress!

When my hubby left for the late shift at noon I couldn't wait to do a test block for the secret Scrappy Trips quilt I'm making for his birthday. Chosing and cutting the fabrics for this one block and sewing it took me half an hour.
It's not pressed yet.
I then couldn't stop and cutted all the strips I'll need for my 20 blocks and the border.

 All shades of blue, aqua and indigo, together with accents in yellow, orange and yellow-green.
I keep the strip sets in this wooden tray. So I can hide it in my closet before Michael comes home.

Linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Als mein Schatz heute Mittag zur Spätschicht aufgebrochen ist, mußte ich unbedingt einen Probeblock nähen. Innerhalb einer halben Stunde habe ich die Stoffe für diesen einen Block ausgesucht, geschnitten und den Block genäht. Ziemlich schnell. Auf dem Foto ist er noch nicht gebügelt.
Danach gab's kein Halten mehr und ich habe alle Streifen geschnitten, die ich für den Quilt brauche.
Vom dunkelsten bis zum hellsten blau ist alles dabei, und dazu Akzente in gelb, orange und gelbgrün.
Die Streifen bewahre ich jetzt auf diesem Holztablett auf, das ich schnell im Schrank verstecken kann, bevor Michael nach Hause kommt. 

9 comments:

Tessa said...

It's going to be amazing!!!

Janet said...

I love your colours, it'll be a wonderful quilt when it's done.

Jackie Kirner said...

I love the zig zag layout you've chosen!

Couch Meow said...

That's a great way to stay organized! And i like the color scheme too, blue and yellow always look fantastic together!

Jennie said...

Way to be sneaky! I can't imagine trying to surprise my husband with a quilt. He wanders in too randomly! Good luck with yours - I love the design.

Kirsten said...

This is going to be fabulous! I managed to make my hubby a quilt for our wedding anniversary earlier this year without him suspecting:)

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara said...

Hallo Steffi,
das wird bestimmt ein toller Quilt, du hast tolle Stoffe ausgesucht.
Ich liebe diesen Block, es macht so einen Spaß den Scrappy Trip Around The World Block zu nähen. Ich bin gespannt wie deine nächsten Blöcke aussehen. :))))

quiltswithpersonality said...

What a beautiful block ......love the colours. I am sure your husband will be delighted. Thanks for sharing. Marie