Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Hexie Progress

 I was very busy and finished one more flower and two stars for my Flower Garden Quilt.
 My fingers are quite sore now...
...and need a little break from hand sewing.
But the holidays are over, we are back to everyday life, and I have less time for hand sewing in the next days anyway.
The purple/yellow star is my favorite so far. I love the combination of yellow and purple, and the outer fabric with the flowers on purple background is one of my all time favorite fabrics ever.
Photobucket

13 comments:

Grit said...

Hallo Steffi,
Deine Hexagons sehen super aus. Die Stoffe sind einfach Klasse. Freue mich auf mehr.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Thearica said...

I LOVE those stars!

Thanks for linking up over at my blog! Send your friends over. :)

Lori R said...

So pretty! And it really pays off to fussy cut the hexies in the larger scale prints.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

WOW, I love your big stars and flowers your doing.

Robert said...

Think your GmFG quilt blocks are beautiful. Love the stars and the flowers. What size hexagons are you using? Don't have a blog, but will be checking yours often. I've done a large quilt with 1 inch hexagons (flowers and leaves); a 3/4 inch lap quilt that is just all scraps; and a 1/2 inch table runner of just flowers. I've also worked a thimble shaped EPP design of the double wedding ring design. Love the hand work. Robert, from northern Iowa.

hueisei said...

Wow! I love the fabrics you are using for the hexies. :D

Manuela said...

Hallo Steffi,

deine Hexagonrosetten bzw. Sterne sehen Klasse aus.

Liebe Grüße
Manuela

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Love your flowers and stars, so pretty!

Raewyn said...

Wow - stunning fabric combinations!!

Hilachas said...

What lovely flowers/stars you've made. Lovely colors you've chosen as well.

Karen said...

A beautiful flower, feels like Spring is in the air! LOVE the purple star too!!!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Wow! I love your hexie blocks. That purple star is amazing!!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Such pretty flowers and stars!