Tuesday, January 22, 2013

a little Fabric Basket

Yesterday I made this cute little basket:
 I used this tutorial and it was very good. I no time at all the basket was ready. I made it for my thread clippings when hand sewing and quilting so that they do not fly around the floor and the sofa any more.
 The tutorial recommended linen for the bottom piece, but I had none and used a piece of green jeans that was a leftover from a bag I made for my sister a few years ago.
I lined it with this spring-y pink fabric that I really love.
I like the combination of pink and green at the moment, maybe because it reminds me of spring. I´m surrounded by too much snow at the moment.
Look, this is the view from my studio window:

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the view from your studio looks so pretty - cold! but pretty

Grit said...

Das Körbchen sieht süß aus. So schöne frische Farben.
Und ein schöner Blick auf die Schneelandschaft.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Kathie said...

the snow looks so pretty! Love the basket it would be great to make one so I can have some place pretty to put my scraps and trimmings!
Kathie