Friday, December 14, 2012

Three off the List

Three of my eight Christmas pillows are completely done!

 Honestly, I would not mind keeping these three. I really like them all!
 

 Two more tops are done, too. These are for my parents. Finding the right fabrics and colors was easy, but I had to think about the pattern for quite some time.
Then I made stars out of 1 3/4" squares (finished at 1 1/4").
 My parents have a huge Persian rug in blue colors in their living room, and they already have two William Morris pillows. So out came my beloved an long hoarded William Morris stash. (What use is a beautiful fabric in a dark cupboard, right? I have to tell me this from time to time.)
 First I had problems finding the right border fabrics. There was not enough left from the two background fabrics, and all others were not quite right, but I found two in the stash. I think they are okay although not Morris.
 Now I made all tops and found enough batting scraps and muslin backings for all of them. Sometimes I had to zig-zag together two narrow pieces of batting, but I do not mind. My batting scrap bin is a lot emptier now!
 The plan was to buy nothing new for these pillows, but I had to cheat a bit. I really had no matching threads to quilt the cream-and-brown pillows, so I ordered a few balls of perle cotton. But apart from that I managed to make everything from my stash.

Have a nice weekend!
Here the snow is gone and it is raining. The forecast says rain for the next three or four days. Perfect weather to stay inside and finish those gifts and maybe bake some cookies.

I´m linking up with Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts and with  Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday, hosted by Quilt Matters.

6 comments:

Aoife O'Halloran said...

I love your butterflies cushion. They're really effective blocks for that size... tempting me to start something new :)

M-R said...

I love what you did with the values of blue and white -- the light just shines right though! And your pillows are awesome -- good luck with the other five! Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

audrey said...

Those cushions are amazing! I love them! The colors are so lovely!

Manuela said...

Die Kissen sind Klasse.
Wow! Die Kissen für deine Eltern sind Spitze. Ganz toll!!!

Liebe Grüße
Manuela

LynCC said...

I wouldn't mind keeping those pillows, either! ;D They are awesome. And you've done fantastically if all you've bought is the balls of perle.

Chartreuse Moose said...

These pillows are all masterpieces!
Lovely!