Friday, December 21, 2012

all Gifts done!!!

I can hardly believe it, but I really finished all handmade gifts!
 
 Firstly, here is the tree skirt for my parents.
I free motion quilted it yesterday and it went very much better than I anticipated. FMQ really is a matter of training. My stitch lenghts still are not even, but better than in my previous attempts.
I am quite happy with it. When it lays under the tree, the only person who will come near enough to examine the stitches is my three year old niece and I think she will not bother. :-)
 
 I even found a red and white striped fabric in my stash to make a candycane binding! I sewed it on completely by machine because of the time issues, and it came out nicely.
 
 Two of you asked me about a pattern, but there is none. I saw a similar tree skirt when I googled images, but it had a scalloped edge and no red stips between the trees.
I just used it as an inspiration and made the skirt up as I went along.

 The compass pillow for my husband is also finished.
 I just have to wrap it up before he comes home from work today.

 And if you still are not too bored with my pillows, here are the blue ones for my parents and the brown ones for my in-laws.

 And a pic of Pillow Mountain. :-)
I´m linking up with the Friday Felicities over at Felicity Quilts, because it really makes me happy to have a handmade gift for almost everyone.



15 comments:

Grit said...

Ich hoffe alle Deine Geschenke werden viel Freude bereiten. Die Kissen und auch die Decke sehen ganz toll aus.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Manuela said...

Wunderschöne Weihnachtsgeschenke.
Die Kissen und die Weihnachtsbaumdecke sehen alle super aus.

Liebe Grüße
Manuela

Sharon said...

That tree skirt is amazing. You should create a pattern!

Thearica said...

Love your skirt and the pillows... but what I love most of all is that gorgeous hand quilting!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

everything looks great - now you can relax and enjoy the holidays

quiltfool said...

If imitation is the highest form of flattery, then prepare to be flattered on your tree skirt. I love it and plan to have one of my own...soon. Lane

Frances said...

You have been so busy! I love your tree skirt, the trees work so well.

felicity said...

Congratulations on finishing your handmade gifts! They're all beautiful! Thanks so much for linking up and have a wonderful Christmas!

Pam Pollock said...

Congratulations on your finishes! Love your tree skirt! Merry Christmas!

LuAnn said...

What beautiful gifts you've made. I really love that tree skirt. Happy New Year to you!

Jackie said...

Very cute tree skirt.

Podunk Pretties said...

A girl can never have to many tree skirts. I make a new one about every two years. Love the pattern.

Kate said...

Wow, that's quite a bit of stitching for one Christmas! The tree skirt is beautiful. Love the candy cane binding, it's perfect.

Allison said...

the tree skirt pattern is fabulous! you are so very clever to design it your self :)

Valerie Reynolds said...

Okay...that tree skirt is adorable! Thanks for rejuvenating all this hand made goodness under our Tuesday Archive Christmas theme!!