Tuesday, October 16, 2012

two WIPs

During the last days I worked on two small WIPs and turned these...
 ...and these...

...into these:

Two baby quilts, one in girly colors and one more suitable for a little boy. I had fun using a lot of my 30s novelty prints.
I cutted all the squares and triangles with my Accuquilt Go 
(2 1/2" squares).
Now I have to order some batting before I can start to quilt them. I plan to do big stitch hand quilting in colorful perle cottons. 

I´m linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced and her WIP Wednesday!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced 

11 comments:

Manuela said...

Beide Tops sehen Klasse aus.
Bin auf das Quilten gespannt.

Liebe Grüße
Manuela

straythreads said...

Beautiful!!! love the colors
Ann

Adrianne said...

These are very cute - I think hand quilting with perle cotton will look great.

heather said...

Great quilts. Love the perle cotton idea.

Nutsy Coco said...

Very cute! Bright and colorful :)

Stacey Napier said...

I love the 1930's style fabrics you chose - a natural for the granny squares. Great baby quilts!

Gina said...

The 30's novelty prints make great Granny Squares! Your quilts are beautiful! Visiting from WIP Wednesday!

Shawn said...

Beautiful job! Is it hard to hand quilt with perle cotton? I've never tried it.
shawn@studio57artz.blogspot.com

Shontelle said...

Gorgeous. The perfect fabrics for that block!

Jessie @ Messy Jesse said...

ooh these are gorgeous Steffi! beautiful work, and you know I just love those fabrics :)
Jessie, xo

Doniene said...

Lovely granny squares!!! I too am making some into a baby quilt! Love your borders!!

Blessings