Friday, October 26, 2012

Blogger´s Quilt Festival: the Dream Quilt

Wow, is it really almost November? Hard to believe!
But that also means it´s time for Amy´s Blogger´s Quilt Festival, hooray!


Welcome to everyone who is visiting my blog! :-) Nice to have you here!
This time I want to show you my "Dream Quilt". Regular visitors of my blog, please have patience with me. I showed it before, but at least I tried to post a few new pictures. 
I had another project in mind for the festival, but it´s not finished yet and I´ll show it later.

Ok, so this is the Dream Quilt. It was in my mind for quite some time before I started to actually sew it.
I built it around the middle piece that I bought during a vacation in Denmark. It is an older Kaffe Fassett design and I was so happy to find it. The soft, soothing colors are so dreamy, that´s where the name came from.
I collected matching pastel fabrics for a while, a lot of Kaffe Fassett and Philip Jacobs designs, together with a few others.

 When the top was finished I hand quilted it with big stitch quilting using perle cotton no 8 in cream.

 Here are some pics from an outdoor shoot we did. The location was a beautiful old castle with an awesome garden.




 This quilt already had a few adventures: it traveled to Denmark with me this summer to take part in an outdoor quilt show, and it was featured in a german patchwork magazine!
I am still very thrilled about that! My quilt and my name in a printed magazine!

Here are a few stats of the quilt:
Measurements: 60" x 60" (150 x 150 cm)
designed, machine pieced and hand quilted by me.
quilted with perle cotton thread and big stitch quilting

best category: Wall Hanging, Throw Quilt, Hand Quilted Quilt

37 comments:

Eileen said...

Lovely. You have certainly interpreted dreaminess well. Just love it! Thanks for sharing and have a great day

Sharon said...

It is a beautiful quilt, congratulations..

Carla said...

So pretty!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

this quilt is just so soft looking - a beauty

Live a Colorful Life said...

Beautiful quilting on such a lovely quilt.

Sabine said...

Wunderschön!!!

CitricSugar said...

It's very pretty!

LethargicLass said...

lovely quilt!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Very sweet quilt.

straythreads said...

Beautiful!! ann

Emily said...

I love the subtle coloring of this quilt.

You should add hand quilting category to your list of categories for this quilt. The quilting looks great.

Gretchen said...

Oh, this quilt is so sweet and relaxing and, yes, dreamy!

prairieharmony said...

What a beautiful quilt and congratulations on being in a magazine with your wonderful quilt :)

Sunshine Girl said...

Wow its lovely and well travelled too! Congratulations on having it published. Thanks for sharing.

Marg said...

It's a beautiful quilt, love the soft faded colours, so pretty!

Quiltbenaco said...

I colori sono stupendi!
Ciao

Karen said...

Your quilt is lovely. The colours are very soft and subtle.

MooseStash Quilting said...

What a beauty. The colors are so soft and dreamy. Hand quilted... I bow down to you. What a masterpiece!

Diane Wild said...

Gorgeous quilt. You should be very proud of this one. Beautiful work.

Janet said...

what wonderful soft colours! I always think of Kaffe Fassett as using bright bold colours - obviously I am wrong.

Margaret said...

lovely!

Margaret
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

Dana Gaffney said...

Your quilt is beautiful and the colors are so soothing. I love that it's made around a Kaffe piece with such quiet colors since he's usually so bright. Thanks.

Rachaeldaisy said...

It really is a dreamy quilt! Beautiful soft colours and hand quilting always adds to the beauty. How exciting to see it in a magazine!! Great photos too!

Rene' said...

Your quilt is aptly named! Very lovely! The hand stitching is wonderful.

trish said...

Your quilt is so pretty!!

SewCalGal said...

Very comfy/cozy quilt. Congratulations on being published.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

Hallo Steffi,
das ist aber ein wunderbarer sanfter Quilt ! Und Gratulation zur Veröffentlichung in einem Magazin .
Wunderschön !

Lonci said...

This is really great:))

sonia said...

Lovely quilt. Your hand quilting is amazing! Congrats!

Dee said...

On my this is so soft and dreamy! I'm so glad you shared this story with us and all the cool pictures!

The middles inspirational fabric is just divine!

Good luck on your entry!

Lyanna L. said...

such a calming effect this quilt has - it is beautiful; great job.

Frances Leate said...

I absolutely love medallion quilts and this quilt is so special with a beautiful soft colour pallette. Take care.

Nana said...

Love the soft clear colors and the big stitch quilting.

Vera said...

Very nice quilt!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Such very soft color.

Jennie said...

Those colours really are dreamy! Fantastic quilting!

Quilting Babcia said...

Beautiful quilt and your photography is so well done - gorgeous setting to show off this wonderful design.