Wednesday, September 26, 2012

the Magazine Quilt

 
 Today I finally want to tell you about my "Dream Quilt" aka the Magazine Quilt.
I designed and made it last year and it was published in the german magazine "Patchworkideen" this July.
 Here is the magazine page with my quilt! It is so exciting to see a picture of my own work printed in a mag!
I am still so very thrilled!
I built the whole quilt around this center fabric. It is a quite old Kaffe Fassett design and I was so happy to find a piece of it during a holiday vacation in Denmark. The colors are so soft and soothing.
Here you can also see the quilting stitches. I used perle cotton #8 in a cream color.
 Last year we went to a beautiful old castle and took the quilt with us to take some pictures. Now at last I can show them to you!
 It was such a beautiful day! Loved this old iron gate.

 In August the quilt took part in the outdoor quilt show in Denmark (will tell you more about that soon).
 
 Now the quilt hangs in our new bedroom. I had it´s colors in mind when I painted the walls, and I love how it looks. It is so nice to have more wall space for quilts in our new home!

2 comments:

Grit said...

Der Quilt ist traumhaft schön.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

congratulations!! such a soft pretty quilt. It looks so delicate with those colors. and to be in a magazine - congratulations again!!