Friday, July 6, 2012

House Sitting

For the last days I sitted my parents´house.
It was quite hot and so it was nice to be in the cool house instead of our hot attic apartment. 

 I enjoyed my morning coffee on the terrace...

 ...admired and photographed my mom´s beautiful hollyhocks...

 ...met some old friends...

...and did a lot of quilting on the Rainbow Star.

 Here you can see the quilt pattern: one large spiral that starts in the middle and gets bigger and bigger.
This quarter is already finished. The quilting goes surprisingly quick. But I have a lot more to do on the background pieces and star points.
 I also used the huge floor space in the living room to mark more quilting lines.
As you can see, I just made myself a little "tool" out of a piece of cardboard. The quilting lines are 1 1/2" apart.

Now I am home again and am happy that the weather isn´t that hot any more.
26° C or 79° F inside the apartment is not my favorite temperature!

2 comments:

straythreads said...

Housesitting always sounded so relaxing to me. Take a few projects and enjoy the comforts of home without the chores. Love the hollyhocks and your quilting looks great
Ann

straythreads said...

Housesitting always sounded so relaxing to me. Take a few projects and enjoy the comforts of home without the chores. Love the hollyhocks and your quilting looks great
Ann