Friday, June 15, 2012

Dad´s "Supernova" Quilt at the Quilting Gallery

 "Quilts for Dad" is the theme of the weekly quilt contest at the Quilting Gallery.
I entered the Lone Star quilt that I made for my Dad some years ago.
 So if you would like, go over to the Contest side and vote, and if you like my "Supernova" quilt I would be sooo happy to get your vote. :-)
(scroll down to find my entry)
 My father is an astronomy fan, that´s why I choose the title and quilted zodiac signs into the blue areas. White beads in two sizes represent the stars.
From the scraps I also made a matching pillow.
The quilt is pieced by machine and quilted by hand and it is approx. 80 inch square.
Not much quilting is going on here because of our move in 6 weeks time. So please forgive me for not showing you new things...as soon as I can, I´ll show you my new sewing room! Promise! :-)

4 comments:

Manuela said...

Hi Steffi,

it's a beautiful Quilt.

Greetings Manuela

Gingersnaps Quilts said...

that is beautiful!

ShirleyC said...

Gorgeous quilt!

LuAnn said...

You have my vote; it's a great quilt!