Saturday, May 19, 2012

Bloggers Quilt Festival - Stairway to Heaven



 It´s time for the Bloggers Quilt Festival again over at Amy´s Creative Side. Hundreds of beautiful quilts were already added, so take some time and visit all the lovely blogs.

Amy's Creative Side

 My entry this time is "Stairway to Heaven". It´s not new, but I think I haven´t shown it yet. I made it around 12 years ago and it was so fun and quick to sew. It is machine pieced and hand quilted. One more time I used my favorite 30s repro fabrics together with muslin, but this quilt would look great in modern fabrics, too.

The prairie points are fun, too. I made a lot of them from charm squares.

 The photos were taken in front of my parents´ garden shed wall that my mom and I painted a few years ago.

 
 I made a second version of this pattern as a Christmas gift for my sister in 2000. She likes amish colors and the quilt looks completely different in solids and with a dark background.
(Sorry for the bad picture, I had to scan a paper pic.)




16 comments:

CitricSugar said...

Lovely quilt - thanks for sharing!

Grit said...

Die Quilts sehen beide super aus. Ein tolles Muster.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a very pretty quilt. I haven't put a quilt in the show yet, maybe I can get done with the one I am working on before it is over?
Karen

Dorothy said...

Lovely quilt. Love the soft colors.
I really like the vintage quilts in your header.

Martha said...

Love your candy-colored scrappy quilt, Steffi. The sweet prairie points are the perfect finishing touch.

Janet said...

Very pretty and such soft colours! I love the prairie points.

Annie said...

I like both of those very much, and those prairie points are great!

Margaret said...

great design!

Check out my blog if you can...

Margaret Gunn
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

Jessie @ Messy Jesse said...

gorgeous quilt Steffi! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you to win! :)
Jessie

Cindy said...

Zig-zaggy designs are so fun. Love the fabrics you used.

Happy Quilt Festival.

Janet said...

It's a beautiful soft quilt, I bet it looks gorgeous on a bed.

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Your quilt is so pretty with nice colors and a fresh look. Very nice!

Quiltbenaco said...

Bello, bello, bello!!!!
Mi piace tanto il primo per i colori e per il bordo!
Ciao

Katie B. said...

So beautiful! I love the prairie points.

straythreads said...

wonderful colors and love the prairie points
Ann

Eileen said...

lovely quilt. prairie points are fun to make. lovely fabrics. thanks for sharing and have a great day