Sunday, May 27, 2012

Argh!

 Some days ago I found this when I took my quilting hoop to start quilting. How could this happen, especially with the inner ring that is protected by the outer ring? The night before everything was ok when I set it aside. :-(
 I do not want to buy a new hoop! I used this one for the last 15 years and I am a bit nostalgic...I want to keep it and the memories of all the quilts I quilted using it.
First I tried to glue it but the tension was too strong. 
So I taped the hoop and hope that it will work. Until now it is ok.

Have a nice long weekend! 
:-)

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that might work for awhile but I bet you need to get a new one soon. I hope the glue fix will work for awhile.
Karen

Coach Tina said...

My grandma had a hoop with tape on it-I have it now. I don't know if she kept using it or just kept it around. Good Luck

Chartreuse Moose said...

Love the hoop repair! Hope it works for a long time! It would be like losing a dear friend! Hugs!

Rumi said...

It is great that you love your hoop. I am sure you could use it long time.
I offer to put inner side a tiny plastic splint as narrow as the hoop is and after this taped. Like in medicine - you will be a doctor for your hoop.
You can use a piece of ruler which is bending. The length must be around 10 cm to decrease the tension. Now the tension is on the band, but it is elastic and after some time will be destroyed.
Have a nice quilting.