Saturday, February 25, 2012

Granny Squares

Have you seen the Granny Squares patchwork blocks that are growing on a lot of blogs these days? I´m sure you have. It all started here, I think.
Isn´t it funny how sometimes two people in different parts of the world have a similar idea? I made these blocks last September, and I also had "granny squares" in my mind. But I chose a black background because I wanted to create something that would look like Roseanne´s sofa blanket.

I saw Jolene´s blog Blue Elephant Stitches only last week when I saw the granny squares on several blogs. Before that I had no idea that I wasn´t the only one sewing these blocks. :-)
(I even googled "granny squares quilt" last summer and found nothing.)
My mother has a theory that creative ideas fly through the air and can be caught by more than one person - I think she´s right.

5 comments:

Marie said...

Love, love, love the black and white with these blocks - it is so much fun and a totally different look and feel from others that I've seen. I think I might just have to try this!

Pauline G said...

These are beautiful - realy remind me of crochet - might have to try some

Kim said...

I LOVE them with the black! It reminds me of the traditional crocheted granny squares I remember!

karenfae said...

I have just run across these blocks recently - they do remind me of the crochet squares that were popular back in the 70's.
Karen

Grit said...

wow, die sehen toll aus.
Liebe Grüße Grit