Tuesday, February 21, 2012

FMQ Tablerunner

 Do you remember the one pink block?
I made a few more for this tablerunner. I wanted something light that fits my sideboard and matches my selvage stars quilt. The selvages are only from my reproduction 30s fabrics, so I choose these for the runner, too.
 One block in green, one in pink, one in blue and one in purple, all combined with yellow.
 It is my first attempt to free-motion-quilt a piece bigger than a mug rug. And although it is far from perfect, it was great fun and the result is ok for me. (But I don´t show you a close up...)
FMQ seems to be a matter of training, so hopefully the next try will come out better.
The wooden pieces are made by my dad, who is a very skillful woodturner and woodworker.

1 comment:

Gina said...

The FMQ looks awesome, as well as your tablerunner and selvage stars quilt!