Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday

I cleaned my sewing table and thought that you would like to see this cute little cupboard.
It is more than 40 years old, I guess, and first my sister and later me both used it to play "shop" when we were small.
The stickers are from that time. :-)
Now I keep my sewing notions in it. The oil for my machine, a nice tin with safety pins, my tape measures, bobbins, a pin cushion...and behind the doors are threads and ribbons.
The cupboard sits in one corner of my table and I really love it.

At the moment I am sewing a few of these for a tablerunner. When I put away the christmas stuff I thought that it was time for something new, light and spring-y.

Have a nice sunday!

4 comments:

Martha said...

Love your little cupboard, Steffi, and your star block is gorgeous -- like how you used a different, smaller print pink on the points. So cute!

Mimi said...

my sister and I had a cupboard as well... and it is close to 60 years old and for some strange reason it is in my brother's basement.... wonder if he would give it to me??

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

How sweet to still have the cupboard, stickers and all! I love the cute fabrics in your block, I agree it's time for light and spring fabric!

Jessie @ Messy Jesse said...

ooh I love this block, great fabric choices!
I'm so glad I found your blog :)