Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mug Rugs

I hope you all had a good start into the new year and I wish you a VERY good year 2012.

For christmas I made a few small gifts for my family.
Here are the two mug rugs I did for my parents. My father likes owls, and my mother loves her garden, so it was easy to find the right motivs.
I tried some free motion machine quilting here and it was fun, but the result is far from being perfect. I think I need a LOT of practice to get a good and even stitch length. But the small mug rugs were good practice pieces and I think I´ll try it again in the future.
I tried this tutorial over at Crazy Mom Quilts and attached the binding completely by machine, and it worked very nice.

I also made a case for my sister´s new digital camera, but unfortunately I forgot to take a picture. The camera is red, and so I chose red for the case, too, with small flying geese in lime green.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Looks so nice.
I will have to check out the tutorial on putting the binding on by machine. I have tried it a few times but with not such good results.

Happy New Year!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Fabulous mug rugs!!

ShirleyC said...

Those are both so cute! I love mug rugs.

Martha said...

Lovely mug rugs, Steffi -- I think your quilting looks wonderful. Happy New Year!!