Tuesday, November 29, 2011

a finished Wallhanging and some Christmas Decoration

Recently I finished the second of the small wallhangings that my mother and me started some years ago. The first one was a gift for my sister, and this one is for me.
It hangs in a little corner of the living room now, accompanied by the beautiful chair we found in a thrift shop for 5 Euros. I guess it is from the late 50s or 60s and in very good condition.
I quilted this little wallhanging with perle cotton in blue and lavender to match the sashing and the binding.

Unfortunately there is nothing more quilt-related to blog about. The past weeks were quite busy, and I hope to find the time to make some small quilty items as gifts before Christmas is finally here.

I am still not really in a Christmas mood. Outside it is pretty warm and sunny, and I wish I could have another month of autumn.
But at least I did some decoration yesterday and hope that it will help me to get into the right mood.
Some handmade beauties.
These beautiful painted stars are from Kashmere and I like them very much.
Every year I hang this huge glass ball into the window.
A traditional ornament from the "Erzgebirge", a german region known for woodturned and carved christmas decorations.
And these are my favorite christmas tree ornaments - wish I had more than two!

What about you? Are you looking forward to Christmas? Or do you think the year has passed way too quick? I cannot believe that it is almost December!

4 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

Your wall hanging is so sweet and fun! Lovely Christmas decorations. Christmas has arrived so quickly this year but its nice to see all the festive decorating going on.

Martha said...

The quilts are adorable, Steffi -- I love the fabrics, colors and the sweet design. You are so good about completing your projects.

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
Yours, Ulla

Grit said...

Der Sue Bunnet Quillt ist super schön.
Liebe Grüße Grit