Saturday, October 22, 2011

my Striped Fabric Search

During the last days I visited five different fabric and patchwork shops because I wanted to buy a few striped fabrics. No big deal, I thought. Stripes and checks are quite basic patterns and I was sure to find a few nice ones.
Well, I found not only one...
Two shops had a few cotton-poly-blends, but not in "my" colors, and some ginghams.

However, I found some pretty fabrics for my stash. It is very nice to see that slowly but surely the european fabric manufacturers start making pretty, reasonably priced cotton patchwork fabrics (8 to 10 Euro for one metre 60" wide fabric).
And now I´ll do a little online shopping for the stripes. ;-)

1 comment:

bubbygigi said...

Your fabric choices are very pretty. I especially like the photo of the grandmother's flower garden. I started one about thirty years ago and must finish it in the near future.
Gita