Friday, September 23, 2011

a small finish

I finished the little wallhanging for my sister this week.
Tomorrow she comes for a short visit, and then I´ll give it to her. I hope she will like it!
I sewed this cute little button to one corner and used a yellow fabric for the binding.
The quilt is just a little bit smaller than a fat quarter, so I used one from my stash for the backing.

Now I´m working on the second of the two quilts. This one is for me and I´m looking forward to adding it to my small collection of doll quilts on the living room wall.
I quilted my sister´s quilt traditionally with creme quilting thread, but for mine I choose blue and lavender perle cotton. I plan to use a lavender fabric for the binding.
Today I received the new book by Kaffe Fassett. It is as gorgeous as all his books! I hope to find some time for reading at the weekend!

5 comments:

Becky~ said...

Pretty quilts.I love the doll quilts so small but so adorable.

Sherry said...

I love your little quilt and I am sure that your sister will be so excited. The next one is great too.

Quilter Kathy said...

Adorable little quilts!

straythreads said...

Hi had to check out your blog, Love it! especially love the 30"s quilt with mice and sunbonnet Sue
Ann

Nana said...

Geht´s jetzt? Kannst Dußs mal probieren?

Nana