Saturday, August 27, 2011

my Birthday Gifts

Yesterday was my birthday and look what I got:
Michael ordered the new Sarah Fielke book for me, and my mom made the beautiful crazy heart. It smells sooo good because she put some lavender from her garden into it. Isn´t it cute?

I just started reading in the book, but I love Sarah´s style of quilts and the idea of making a small doll quilt first to learn a technique or to see if you like the pattern. Very clever!
Sarah is the co-author of the two "Material Obsession" books which I like very much, too.

3 comments:

LuAnn said...

A happy belated birthday to you. I love what your Mom made you; what a nice keepsake. I've been eyeing that book. Hope you had a nice day!

Martha said...

Happy Birthday, Steffi! Your presents are so sweet!

Tonya said...

Happy birthday--a bit late :). I am just so intrigued with doll quilts since finding you. Thank you!