Friday, July 1, 2011

I tamed the Monster

After a lot of basting I now have this nice pile ready to quilt. The only question is how long it would take to quilt it all???
Look at the lavender flower garden at the bottom - it is really huge! I´m afraid that it will take years to finish only this one.
Basting this really was like a fight with a monster, but in the end I won! :-)
I also finished the two little quilt tops my mother started years ago, and basted them too.

Sorry for the dark pictures. We had a lot of rain and grey clouds during the last weeks. But I don´t complain - when the weather gets really hot and sunny my attic sewing room gets very hot, too. That´s why I love moderate temperatures a lot more!

4 comments:

Melody said...

What fabulous work. You have been productive.

Martha said...

I am so impressed! I would have to take a break and do something else between each basted quilt. They are all so darling, but I am most excited to see the Grandmother's Flower Garden (with the amazing path) quilted. Have you decided on a quilting design?

LuAnn said...

Great job. My finished tops along with their backings are piled in a clothes basket in my closet. I think that reading your post may have just motivated me to get some of them out and baste them later this week. Also I'm glad you finished your Mom's quilts. They will be treasures.

Carrie P. said...

Wow! Steffi! I just came from Sew We Quilt where all you little quilts were featured. Simply amazing what you do with little bits of fabric.
Love the quilts in the doll house. It really shows how little they are.