Wednesday, June 15, 2011

One Star Wednesday

One more star for my hexie project is done this week. Now I have 4 stars and 10 flowers, that is approx. 1/5th of the whole quilt. I did a little more fussy cutting on the outer hexies here. The fabric was perfect for it. I could do it almost without waste.
And just because they are so pretty: a picture of a bowl full of roses from my mom´s garden. Some of them are offsprings of very old roses my grandfather had in his garden decades ago. They smell absolutely beautiful!

8 comments:

Marieke (http://quiltpassie.web-log.nl/) said...

What a beautiful hexie-star! And great those roses: the look stunning! Shame we can't smell them...

501 Quilt Blocks said...

Your star is amazing! It's beautiful!

Karen said...

Beautiful Steffi!!!!!!!!!

Birdie said...

Your hexi star is just beautiful as are the roses.

Kate said...

Your hexi star is gorgeous,,,and the fussy cutting is wonderful.xx

LuAnn said...

That star is just beautiful. The fussy cutting on that outer round just makes it! Beautiful bowl of roses, too.

Martha said...

I love the fussy cutting on this beautiful star block, Steffi. Beautiful roses, too! Our yard is so shady, we'll never be able to grow roses. I'm so jealous!

Renata said...

Wow, sieht toll aus. Eine wirklich schöne Idee, ich bin sehr gespannt auf das fertige Ergebnis!