Monday, May 30, 2011

Progress!

The "Rules" Top is done! On Saturday I reached a point where I just couldn´t stop until it was ready. :-)
Lynne, I hope it´s ok for you that I used your idea with the light "Fun" words in the background - I loved them so much!
I managed to sew almost the whole top from leftover scraps. Some were given to me from other quilters, and some are from my own sewing. So there are a lot of memories in this little top. A scrap from a bag I made, a piece of one of the very first fabrics in my once very small stash, some precious Kaffe Fassett scraps.
Can you see the "2000" fabric in the second "L"? Do you remember when these Millennium fabrics came out in 1999? :-)
I want to quilt this by machine using my new walking foot. I am not very experienced in machine quilting and I hope that this small top is a good practice piece.
I also made good progress on the Postage Stamp quilt top. All blocks are sewn now and are hanging on my design wall. Please ignore the top - the design wall was just not high enough. I started on the bottom and ran out of space in the upper row. :-)
So far I like this a lot. Very colorful and scrappy, with a lot of favorites and some blue - I always love blue! I plan to hand quilt this with perle thread and big stitch quilting, and I hope to have it finished by next winter.

2 comments:

Millie said...

Hi Steffi! I think you did a great job! I have no objection to your borrowing my hidden FUN idea. How big is the quilt?

Jackie said...

Absolutely wonderful finishes!!