Thursday, May 19, 2011

If...

For quite some time now I admire the word quilts by Lynne over at the Patchery Menagerie.
Especially this quilt with the saying of Katharine Hepburn, "If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun", I like very much.
So I asked Lynne if I could make my own version, and she was very nice and gave me some helpful hints for sewing letters. Thank you, Lynne! :-)

Here are my first three words. I made them totally out of my small scraps, and it was a lot of fun. The letters are about 2 1/2 or 3 inches high. I plan to make a small wallhanging for my sewing room out of them.
Stay tuned for more words! :-)

3 comments:

Martha said...

I love the quote, Steffi, and your letters are so cute -- I love the fabrics. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the words.

Millie Quilts said...

Hi Steffi! Your letters are terrific! You're doing great! I love your colors! I'm eager to see more!

Janet said...

The saying is a great one, the quilt is going to be wonderful and I love what you've done so far.