Thursday, April 28, 2011

Finally: a Design Wall!

Hello! Wow, a very long time without a post. Hard to believe that it is almost May!
We had some computer issues during the last months. It was very frustrating. I tried to post a few times, but every time the computer broke down before I was done with my text, so I finally gave it up.
We also had some chaos here because we needed a few new heaters, and that grew much bigger than we thought. The walls had to be repaired and repainted, and then some pipes in the heater room bursted...so we had a lot of dirt, water and different craftsmen in the house...not the right atmosphere for doing a lot of sewing. Thank god we do not have to pay for it, because it´s a rented apartment, but it was annoying nevertheless.

But at least I have to tell one very good thing: after five years without a design wall I finally have one again! Oh, I missed it! My sewing room is under the eaves, so I have no big wall, but then I read a post over at Madame Samm´s blog Sew I Quilt. She used a fabric blind as a design wall that you can hang from the ceiling and roll it up and down. Perfect for my room! So we bought a fabric blind at the big swedish furniture store, I lined it with flannel, and ready is the new design wall! Thank you Madame Samm for this great idea!
Here you can see my current UFOs. I still have to sew a lot of blocks for the Postage Stamp Quilt, but most of the cutting is done. It worked so well with the Accuquilt Go! cutter!
And my neglected hexie project...I hope to find the time to sew a few more flowers soon! It´s been a lot of Wednesdays since I took part in the One Flower Wednesday.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Your design wall is beautiful! But what you put on it is even more beautiful!! I love them both. The repros are fabulous!!

Dianne said...

That is a fabulous way to have a design wall!

Martha said...

Welcome back, Steffi! So sorry to hear about the problems in your apartment, but it sounds like everything is back to normal and your design wall looks fabulous displaying your beautiful tops in progress.

I'm afraid I haven't done much on my Flower Garden Star because I'm so embroiled in wedding stuff. I love it, though, and plan to get back to it just as soon as the wedding is over.

LuAnn said...

Everything on your design wall is just beautiful. I have a postage stamp started, too. I love how you surrounded the bright blue solid with lighter blues. It makes it look like it radiates. And, of course, I love those hexagons.

Lori said...

I love your design wall and all your beautiful projects!