Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wednesday Flowers (and a Star)

Here are the new blocks for the Hexagon Star Quilt. I managed to sew one star and two flowers. I did some fussy cutting again at the pink flower, and although I love the effect, I hate the waste of fabric. So I do it only when I have enough of the fabric and when the printed pattern allows me to do it without a lot of waste between the cut pieces.
Please remember the Blogger´s Quilt Festival over at Amy´s Creative Side! It starts this Friday. So If you have a quilt to show, this is the perfect place! ;-)

12 comments:

Tineke said...

Your fussy-cut flower is just gorgeous!

Melody said...

The fussy cutting looks wonderful, but I do agree you can waste a lot of fabric too.

ELP said...

BEAUTIFUL , just beautiful. Your design is soo cool, can't wait to see it progress.

Anne-Mette said...

Das ist ein Wannsinn was du alles diese Woche geschaft hast. Ganz toll.

Christina said...

Love them, they are all beautiful!

Martha said...

Your star and flowers are beautiful this week, Steffi. I love the fabrics you've selected, and that fussy cut flower is adorable!

Saskia said...

Very pretty. Love flower in the star.

Fiesta said...

Lovely flowers.

Dolly Cloth said...

flowers look beautiful

Karen said...

More, more, I can't wait to see more!!!!

Wendy said...

Love the blue and yellow flower!

Brigitte said...

Lovely flowers and it looks like a lot of fussy cutting as well.
www.quiltsampler.blogspot.com