Sunday, October 31, 2010

Circle of Geese Miniature Quilt

Here is my newest miniature quilt, a Color Wheel Flying Geese pattern. It measures approx. 7 inches (18 cm) square. It was fun to make and I think that someday I´ll do this pattern in a bigger size as a wallhanging.
As in real life, the cat was the first to try it out. I think she liked it. ;-)
Half of the fun was searching through my scrapboxes for the right fabrics.
I sewed the Geese onto a paper foundation.
And this was the look from the back of the top. :-)
(Sorry, the pics are not so great. My favorite picture editing program broke down and could not be repaired. So I had to try a few others, but I´m not happy with them...)

6 comments:

wishes, true and kind said...

Your Circle of Geese miniature is absolutely amazing!

Martha said...

I love all of your tiny quilts, Steffi, and this is one of my favorites. Those geese are so cute, and the colors you selected are perfect. Thanks for showing us the process.

Madame Samm said...

This is amazing..my first impression was WOW that is a big quilt and your cat looked like it was applique...then I did another close up and realized it was in your doll house and the cat is an ornament..downright amazing...

Marjolein said...

I love this quilt! But the one the cat lay on, that cannot be 18 cm square?!
Did you make the pattern yourself? Absolutely beautiful!

Elly D said...

What a gorgeous little quilt! I love your blog :) and very much enjoyed your post on Stash Manicure :)

I am Just One Mom said...

fab, fab, fab!