Saturday, September 11, 2010

the Quilt Exhibition in Skaerbaek

As I promised, here are some pictures of the exhibition I visited while we were in Danmark.
A lot of bright and beautiful flower quilts!



Detail of the cat and the threedimensional flowers.


This pastel Kaffe Fassett quilt was one of my favorites!
Another Kaffe Fassett in bright reds and pinks.

A very cool idea for using old men´s ties. ( with the lyrics of the song "when I´m sixty-four" embroidered to it) :-)
Amazing mini quilts!
One of the minis in detail.
And very beautiful landscape quilts.

2 comments:

Chartreuse Moose said...

What a wonderful quilt show! Love all the color too...no timid quilts there! Thank you for taking us along, we love armchair travel...from afar!

Martha said...

Thank you, Steffi, for sharing these wonderful quilts -- they are truly inspiring. I am very curious about the border on that last quilt.