Wednesday, September 8, 2010

my Danish Souvenirs

In comparison to our area of Germany, Danmark really is a paradise for fabric shopping. So many beautiful patchwork and fabric shops! And then there was this amazing quilt exhibition with a huge shopping area. Is it any wonder that I couldn´t resist?
I bought some fabrics for various projects that I have in mind, and also these funny buttons (four of each), and some nice ric rac in "normal" size and in a very small size for my mini quilts.
Of course I found the only booth at the exhibition that was selling 1930s repros! :-) The two on the right side from the "Roaring 20s and beyond" line were on my wish list for so long. I`m so happy that I found them now!
And then I found these pieces of "Flea Market Fancy", a line that I missed totally when it was on the market, for quite a good price. I don´t exactly know what to do with them at the moment, but I´m sure I´ll find a good way to use them. Somehow I like these 1970s style colors and patterns - reminds me of my childhood when everything from the coffee machine to the vacuum cleaner was orange or brown. :-)



3 comments:

Chartreuse Moose said...

Yum! New fabric...what fun! Can't wait to see your new creations!

Anne-Mette said...

Du hast ganz tolle aus Skærbæk mitgebracht. Ich war auch da und habe im Laden von Helene Juul gearbeitet, wo es viele Repros gab :-). Haben wir uns vielleicht gesehen ohne zu wissen?
Du kannst mehr als 5 Fotos hochladen, wenn du schreibst. Aber immer nur 5 Stück pro mal geht nicht. Dann einfach wiederholen.
LG
Anne-Mette

RETRO-fabulous said...

Such beautiful fabric finds!!