Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The last Flowers and the Doll´s Quilt

Here they are, the last two flowers for my garden! But I still need 10 half flowers, and a lot of lavender pieces for the path, so it still needs some work before the top is done.
Last week I promised to show you my flower construction. In the above picture you can see the parts that I sew together first. They go together quite quick, and then I have only long continuous seams left. I don´t know how much time it saves, but when I sewed the first flower this way, I was surprised how quick it was done.

My Mini Flower Garden is ready, too! :-)
I quilted the flowers and then I sewed the backing fabric to the front as a binding. For the back I used a small green and lavender print.
The finished quilt measures 8 x 9 inches. Here it is at the doll´s house:

The cat likes it, too. :-)

22 comments:

Anna said...

Oh, that's just lovely! Well done!

Marion B. said...

This is so cute!

Hen said...

That mini quilt is just amazing. Well done!

Jackie said...

Steffi, that little quilt is just amazing!! Looks so much larger in the photo. Cute all folded with the kitty.

Chartreuse Moose said...

As usual your lavender GFG blocks are perfect! Thank you for showing us the steps to putting it together, I'd never thought to do it in sections! The teeny, tiny doll size quilt is amazing! What a cute dollhouse!

Fiesta said...

Lovely flowers and great fabric selections.

Saskia said...

The mini flowergarden is just perfect!

Jodi said...

This is truly gorgeous! I need to research how to sew backing fabric to the front as binding. I have a stalled wip that needs some attention in that regard. Thanks for sharing this beauty!

GRANNY'S HOUSE said...

It looks great, I love him.

Greetings
Ines

Tineke said...

So sweet, this small quilt!

Mascha said...

This is so nice!!!

Martha said...

Congratulations on finishing the beautiful lavender flowers -- I am continually impressed with your perfect stitching.

The doll quilt looks amazing, and so cute in it's little house (love it folded under the cat). How did you end up pressing the hexagons? Also, I can't quite make out how you quilted them -- please tell.

katrien said...

What a sweety you little hexagonnequilt.

Leanne said...

ahhh your dollshouse quilt is brilliant! Trust the cat to find it!

merumo said...

You are almost there! Good for you!! And I love your miniature one, too. It looks just lovely...

Karen said...

Look at that mini quilt!!! I can't believe how small it is. Wow!!

Crafty Robyn said...

Amazing!!

Raewyn said...

You had me fooled with the first photo in the dollshouse!! I thought you must have done a mis-type; that didn't look like 8 x 9 inches... then I realised they were dolls!! Awesome!!!

Marieke (www.tuinliefde.punt.nl) said...

Wow: that looks great. I can imagine the cats likes it as well! I like your colour selection!

joana said...

Increible la perfección que tiene su microquilt!!! Precioso!! ¿Còmo hace para acolchar a ese tamaño?
Enhorabuena!!

http://tubakk.blogg.no/ said...

How cute. I really like the small ones!

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

How darling and tiny! I'm sure it went faster making tiny hexagons? So sweet. I'm here from Val's Linky.