Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Half Flowers and a (almost) half Top

Here it is, my partial top. It´s already too big to take a good photo. I put it on our bed to take this pic. So far I sewed five of eleven rows together.
During the last two weeks I also pieced the ten half flowers that will complete the two sides of the quilt. They are not pressed yet, it´s too hot for additional heat from the iron. ;-)

Here you can see how it will look when they are set in. A nice even edge. A row of white hexies will complete the border.
Sorry for not writing very much. It is so hot and humid today that my brain is not working very well - suppose it´s already melting. I´m so looking forward to the rain that´s promised for this evening!

16 comments:

Jackie said...

This is just gorgeous!!

Ceamz said...

wow! I mean WOW!

Chartreuse Moose said...

All is forgiven, the heat is every where and not helpful for quilting! Your lavender flower garden is growing and looking wonderful! Love it! What fun you'll have adding the last row of white hexies for outside border...!!!

Sue said...

Wow! You are really whipping yours together beautifully. I should get started on putting mine together, but it's been hot here too and we don't have a/c. The iron really does heat the room up, doesn't it?
Your quilt is so gorgeous!

katrien said...

Veru nice hexagonne quilt.

Thim3 said...

Oh my..your quilt is so pretty....I wish I was that as far a long as you. Again...very pretty quilt.

Marion B. said...

That is gorgeous.

Tineke said...

O my, what a lovely quilt!

Leanne said...

Oh my this is just beautiful - you give me lots of inspiration.

Saskia said...

O, WOW, that looks so beautiful!

Christine said...

you did a wonderful job it looks fantastic,

cheers
Christine

Dolly Cloth said...

Wow that is awesome

Jeanette said...

Beautiful Steffi. You've done wonderful work. Hugs, Jeanette

Martha said...

I love it that you included all the different shades of purple, and the diamond pieces make such a pretty little path around the flowers. I like your idea to add the white diamonds on the the half blocks, and then the purple diamonds and white hexagons. I now realize how well that works and it makes such a great edge It's going to be spectacular!

Karen said...

If only I could work that fast in the heat! You are moving right along and it looks wonderful!!!

Raewyn said...

What a lot of work - this is looking so good; you must be thrilled with how it is coming together.